Bundoora Dam is the closest water impoundment to Tieri. It was build by Capricorn Coal in 1979 to supply water to the German Creek Mine.
The Theresa Creek and Fairbairn Dams provide water sports and fishing activities. The Mackenzie, Isaacs and Connors Rivers also have freshwater fishing opportunities.
You can strike it lucky and find your own sapphire in the Sapphire Gemfields.
Capella boasts an excellent Aquatic Centre with themed mini golf course and an interesting Agricultural Museum. The modern Cultural Centre offers up to 500 seats for conferences, meetings, workshops or visiting big name acts and movies - www.capella.com.au
Emerald has good shopping and dining. Visit the Central Highlands Information Centre whilst in Emerald for more details of Central Highlands attractions.
CENTRAL HIGHLAND ANNUAL EVENTS
* Springsure St Patrick’s Day Races in March
* Easter Sunflower Festival in Emerald
* The Central Highlands Show Circuit - May/ early June
* AgGrow & QMIX Field Days near Emerald - second week in July
* Gemfest – Festival of Gems at Anakie - second week in August
* Clermont Goldfest - third weekend in August
* Capella Pioneer Village Old Machinery and Craft Fair - second Saturday in September
* Pro Bull Riding Championships Round at Capella in September
* Emerald 100 Race Day - second Saturday in October (07) 4982 2029
* Clermont Freshwater Fishing Competition at Theresa Creek Dam in November